St. Marks Wildlife Refuge Improvements – St. Marks FL

What is today the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge was originally established in 1931 as the St. Marks Migratory Waterfowl Refuge, a key link in protecting the Atlantic flyway. It cover over 70,000 acres spread out between Wakulla, Jefferson, and Taylor counties… read more

Bartow Civic Recreation Center and Pool (former) – Bartow FL

The Bartow Civic Recreation Center and pool were built ca. 1933-1935.  Records suggest the project was started by workers in the Civil Works Administration (CWA) and completed by workers in the Work Division of the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA)…. read more

Administrative & Support Buildings – Death Valley National Park CA

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was present in Death Valley National Monument  from 1933 to 1942. CCC ‘boys’ built erected a total of 76 buildings in the monument, including administrative, residential, maintenance & visitor facilities.   The main CCC camp was… read more

Mount Diablo State Park: Campgrounds – Mount Diablo CA

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built several campgrounds in Mount Diablo State Park.  Live Oak, Junction, and Juniper campgrounds come with individual campsites, while the five Group Camps – Buckeye, Barbecue Terrace, Wildcat, Stagecoach and Boundary – provide larger areas… read more