The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)’s Company #176, Camp Wolcott, was based at Paugnut State Forest in Torrington, Connecticut. It operated from 1933 to 1937. Work accomplished included construction of 8 miles of truck trails and many miles of cross-country ski trails.
Camp Roosevelt: C.C.C. Company #171 operated from May 23, 1933 to March 31, 1937, and worked to develop what was later designated as Chatfield Hollow State Park. It was originally “developed as a Civilian Conservation Corps recreation area within Cockaponset State Forest.”
In operation from Dec. 9, 1933 to Jul. 30, 1941, C.C.C. Camp Filley conducted extensive development work in the Cockaponset State Forest in Middlesex County, Connecticut. Camp Hadley, Company #2101, also operated on this site, from Sept. 5, 1935 to Apr…. read more
In the early 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) made improvements to an experimental fire station established by the U.S. Forest Service in the Shasta National Forest, at Pilgrim Creek just east of McCloud Ranger Station. Pilgrim Creek had long… read more
“The road leading up and around Capulin Volcano National Monument in Union County was constructed by the Civil Works Administration (C.W.A.) by twenty-five local men between December 1933 and April 1934 thanks to the leadership of Homer Farr, who was… read more