(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
Fields can be left blank!
After selecting, click on Search

Displaying 1-15 of 16619 results

Field Experiment Station (former) – Meridian MS

Date added: September 26, 2021

The station was begun in the 1931 as a fruit and vegetable research station. From 1933-1935, the site was expanded and new buildings constructed. The buildings were built by Public Works Administration from 1933 to 1935 with an allotment of… read more

Electric Power Plant and Distribution – Aberdeen MS

Date added: September 25, 2021

Public Works Administration (PWA) 1203 approved a loan of $66,000 and grant of $54,000 for a new electric power plant. The project was approved 11/14/1935. Construction began 10/10/1938 and was completed 10/4/1939. The delay between approval and construction was due… read more

Barclay House – Oregon City OR

Date added: September 24, 2021

Currently serving as the National Park Service’s administrative office for the Fort Vancouver – McLoughlin House Unit, the Dr. Forbes Barclay House shares more than proximity with its better-known neighbor (the McLoughlin House). The two structures not only housed important… read more

Durant School – Durant MS

Date added: September 23, 2021

N. W. Overstreet and Associates designed the monolithic concrete Durant High and Elementary School with connecting auditorium, constructed between 1940-1942. W. E. Rubush of Meridian was the superintendent of construction. The building was 181 feet by 138 feet, with an… read more

Elementary School (former) – Monticello MS

Date added: September 21, 2021

Public Works Administration project 4726 for an elementary school building was approved 3/21/1934 for a $20,000 loan and $8,232 grant. Construction began 6/18/1934 and was completed 5/29/1935. The Colonial Revival style building was designed by Edgar Lucian Malvaney and constructed… read more

Water Works System – Sardis MS

Date added: September 20, 2021

Public Works Administration project 4251 was approved 12/28/1933 for a water works system in Sardis. A loan $14,257 and grant of $5,342 was announced in December 1933. Construction began 6/12/1934 and was completed 8/28/1934 for a total of $19,599.

School Improvements – Arcola MS

Date added: September 20, 2021

Public Works Administration project w1218 for $28,635 loan and $28,635 grant was approved 6/22/1938. Construction started 9/14/1938 and was completed 5/10/1939 for a total of $63,968. The citizens voted approval of $55,000 in bonds toward the project with a vote… read more

Centennial Building – Port St. Joe FL

Date added: September 12, 2021

The Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the construction of the Centennial Building in Port St. Joe FL. Past Use: Auditorium/Gymnasium. Present Use: Civic Center. The 1996 National Register documentation notes that the Centennial Building has been the site of centennial celebration of… read more

Street Paving – Aberdeen MS

Date added: September 12, 2021

Public Works Administration project x1377 was approved for a grant of $33,750 on 9/17/1938. The total cost of improvements was approximately $75,000 and were reported to be “one of the most complete street paving system of any town its size… read more

Street Paving Improvements – Amory MS

Date added: September 12, 2021

Amory initiated a street paving program in 1938, using $100,000 in municipal bonds, a Public Works Administration (PWA) grant of $81,818, and a Works Progress Administration (WPA) contribution of $20,000. PWA project x1284 was approved 9/7/1938. Construction began November 23,… read more

Alcorn State University: Lanier Hall – Lorman MS

Date added: September 6, 2021

PWA approved project X1373 for a college dormitory for the HBCU Alcorn State University 9/16/1938. Construction began 12/18/1938 and was completed 8/19/1939. The Colonial Revival brick building is extant and remains in use. Architects Carl L. Olschner and Edgar Lucian… read more

Elementary School – Port Gibson MS

Date added: September 6, 2021

The one-story Colonial Revival brick building was constructed by a $14,318 grant from Public Works Administration approved 9/26/1938. Construction began 12/19/1938 and was completed 7/29/1939 for a total cost of $31,585. Edgar Lucian Malvaney designed the building and it was… read more