The Williamson Housing Authority built the Victoria Court Housing Project with aid from the Federal Housing Authority. The development consists of a complex of seven, two-story brick buildings laid in rows of three providing a central court (now a modern… read more
The Public Works Administration funded the construction of the former Windsor County Jail in Woodstock. The structure was finished in 1936 and it contains the courthouse, cell blocks, and the living quarters of the sheriff. The architect of record was… read more
The Public Works Administration funded the construction of the Danville High School in Danville, Caledonia County. The two-story school was built in 1938 and housed grammar and high school grades. The architect of record was Galen H. Nichols. The building… read more
The Shelter House/Chapel was constructed with native limestone in 1937 as part of the Works Progress Administration (WPA) project and renovated in 1984. The one-story, asymmetrical Mission-style chapel now houses the cemetery office. Oriented west, the building features an L-shaped… read more
Encouraged by possible assistance from the federal government, voters approved a $20,000 bond issue by a ten to one margin in September 1938, as a 55 percent shared cost of the Work Projects Administration project. Earl Hawkins, of Springfield, drew… read more
The Works Progress Administration restored the Rockingam Meeting House in Rockingam. It was nominated the the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.
A substantial, 96-foot-long bridge in rural southwest Kansas, located six miles west and four miles north of Richfield, was constructed by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.). Officially completed in 1939, and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986,… read more