In 1938, the New Deal’s Public Works Administration (PWA) awarded a grant for the construction of additions to Bruce High School (present-day Westernport Elementary School) in Westernport, Maryland. George F. Hazelwood of Cumberland, Maryland won the contract to build the… read more
Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the construction of the Magnolia Elementary School Gymnasium. The architect of record was Harry E. Boyle & Co. Architects and Engineers of Evansville, Indiana. PWA Docket No. KY-1375-F. The structure is currently part of a… read more
A gymnasium/auditorium was built for Marion High School in Marion, Arkansas in 1938-39 with a funding from the state Department of Education and the federal Public Works Administration (PWA) – also known as the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (see… read more
Beulah Reservoir, also known as Agency Valley Reservoir, was created with the completion of the Agency Valley Damn in 1935. Throughout 1939, the Bureau of Reclamation supervised enrollees at a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) spike camp. They built a stone… read more
The Works Progress Administration built sidewalks at the south east corner of Lincoln and North Main Street in the central business district of Walnut Creek, CA.