This one-story brick building with large porch, supported by six large columns, was constructed in 1939 with Treasury Department funds under the Federal Works Agency. Cornerstone: James A. Farley Postmaster General John M. Carmody Federal Works Administrator W. Englebert Reynolds… read more
The house appropriations committee, Washington, approved treasury and post office building projects including Gladewater in Feb. 1939. Pictured here is a preliminary study of Gladewater’s new post office, for which $150,000 was appropriated and on which construction bids already have… read more
WPA created sidewalks and curbs poured as the neighborhood developed between 1939 and 1942.