- Brooklyn, New York City, NY
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Education and Health, Colleges and Universities, Auxiliary Civic Facilities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- Quality of Information:
- Site Survival:
The Heating Plant at Brooklyn College is one of the original buildings on the school’s campus, constructed as part of a massive federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project undertaken during the Great Depression. Construction was completed c. 1936.
Source notesC.W. Short and R. Stanley-Brown. "Public Buildings: A Survey of Architecture of Projects Constructed by Federal and Other Governmental Bodies Between the Years 1933 and 1939 with the Assistance of the Public Works Administration." (1939).
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 11, 2014.
At this Location:
- Brooklyn College: Library - Brooklyn NY
- Brooklyn College: Boylan Hall - Brooklyn NY
- Brooklyn College: Ingersoll Hall - Brooklyn NY
- Brooklyn College: Roosevelt Hall - Brooklyn NY
- Brooklyn College: Landscaping - Brooklyn NY
- Brooklyn College - Brooklyn NY
- Brooklyn College: Library Murals - Brooklyn NY
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site