- Cleveland, MS
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Schools, Colleges and Universities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- J. S. Sigler
PWA Project Miss. 1225 was constructed at Delta State Teacher’s College (now Delta State University) in 1938 (MDAH) to serve as part of training in applied home management. Currently named Marshall House, the building is a residence for the Vice President for Academic Affairs (Bulletin of Delta State University).
Source notesMississippi Department of Archives & History, Historic Resources Inventory database. "Marshall Home Management House." Retrieved from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?id=37635&view=facts&y=959 Bulletin of Delta State University, Cleveland, Mississippi. 2001-2002 Catalog. Gunn, J. W., & Castle, G. C. (1980). A Pictorial History of Delta State University. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi.
Site originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 8, 2014.
At this Location:
- Delta State University: Roberts Memorial Library - Cleveland MS
- Delta State University: Whitfield Gymnasium - Cleveland MS
- Delta State University: Doolittle Building - Cleveland MS
- Delta State University: Outdoor Swimming Pool - Cleveland MS
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site