- Cleveland, MS
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Libraries, Colleges and Universities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- R. W. Naef
- I. C. Garber & Son
The 1939 PWA library constructed at Delta State Teachers College (now Delta State University) was designed in an Italian Renaissance/Mediterranean style. It was used as the library until 1968, and has been used as the Fielding Wright Art Center since then. A rear addition was added in 1954, another addition in 1970, and the building was renovated in 1978.
Source notesMississippi Department of Archives & History, Historic Resources Inventory database. "(Old) Library [Fielding Wright Art Center]." Retrieved from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=facts Gunn, J. W., & Castle, G. C. (1980). A Pictorial History of Delta State University. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi.
Site originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 9, 2014.
At this Location:
- Delta State University: Marshall Home Management House - Cleveland MS
- Delta State University: Whitfield Gymnasium - Cleveland MS
- Delta State University: Doolittle Building - Cleveland MS
- Delta State University: Outdoor Swimming Pool - Cleveland MS
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site