The Works Progress Administration built a culvert at the intersection of 10thStreet and and Autumn Lane in Harrah, in 1939. Contributor note: “This culvert carries water run-off north-south under 10th Street, about two miles west of the town of Harrah…. read more
The Works Progress Administration built culverts at the intersection of 10th Street and Dobbs Road in Harrah, in 1939. Contributor note: “These two culverts carry water run-off east-west under Dobbs Road, on each side of 10th Street. The culverts were built… read more
The Works Progress Administration built a culvert at the intersection of 10th Street and Luther Road in Harrah, in 1939. Contributor note: “This culvert carries water east-west under Luther Road, on the south side of 10th Street. The culvert opening is… read more
The Works Progress Administration built a culvert on 10thStreet Peebly Road, Oklahoma County. Contributor note: “On 10th Street, between Choctaw and Harrah, at Peebly Road, there are two culverts which carry water east-west from the drainage ditches alongside 10th Street…. read more
The Works Progress Administration built a culvert on 10th Street in Oklahoma County, in 1939. Contributor note: “This culvert is located about 200 feet east of the intersection of 10th Street and Peebly Road. This culvert carries water north-south from a small… read more
The Work Projects Administration undertook a large sewer replacement project with respect to 125th Street in Manhattan. The project was described by the WPA in 1940: “Completed early in 1940. New twin flat-op reinforced concrete sewer, each half ranging from… read more
In 1940, the WPA installed sewer facilities at 16th and Oates streets in the district’s northeast quadrant.
In 1940, the WPA installed sewer facilities at 17th, 18th, and Randolph streets in the district’s northeast quadrant.
The Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) completed this culvert in 1939. It appears to handle water running through a two-block, man-made drainage ditch, just west of the WPA athletic stadium. The culvert runs east-west and is approximately 3 ft. high… read more
According to the Washington Post, $231,000 was allotted to the PWA to construct the Upper Anacostia Main Interceptor and pumping station in 1933.
The CWA completed land improvements at Anna’s Hope, including the improvement of roads, grounds, installing drainage, and terracing the grounds.
Multiple projects were “planned, staked out and supervised” by West Hartford’s Engineering Department in 1935-6 utilizing Federal Emergency Relief Administration (F.E.R.A.) and/or Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) labor. One such project involved storm sewer construction along Auburn Road.
In 1939, the federal Work Progress Administration (WPA) worked to develop Austin Cary Forest, a UCF facility used for “the purposes of academic teaching, research, extension education, and demonstration“. The WPA “built roads, buildings, and water draining ditches. And 100,000… read more
The Works Progress Administration built a culvert on Azalea St., north of Piedmont, on the border of Canadian and Kingfisher Counties, Oklahoma. Contributor note: “This culvert is located just east of Mustang Road on Azalea Street NE (Waterloo Road). It runs… read more
WPA Bulletin, 1937: “Up in Gloucester four WPA painters are specks in the sky as they swing in tiny bossun’s chairs from the top of the 250-foot Babson Reservoir water tank which they are painting. Such a height should make… read more
Montpelier’s 1937 Annual Report details roadwork projects undertaken in 1936 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds, including: “Berlin Street from River Street to the City line and a portion of Winooski Avenue received tar treatment for the first time.”… read more
W.P.A. project description: “Blue Hill River Road and Ponkapoag Trail, Milton; early in 1939 work will be begun on additional improvements at the recreational area adjacent to Hoosicwhisick [Houghton’s] Pond. The project provides for the construction of 3,250 linear feet… read more
The Works Progress Administration built storm sewers from Bluff Street and Third Street to Elk Creek in Clarksburg.
Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) conducted drastic improvement work at the South Boston Army Base in Boston, Massachusetts. WPA Bulletin: At the Army Base, South Boston, WPA employed more than 1000 men repairing and altering buildings, warehouses, wharves, roads, grounds and… read more
Under the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.), “a large drainage system was built along Bourne Avenue” in East Providence.
“Under the auspices of the New York Department of Sanitation, between 1937 and 1944, three new wastewater treatment plants were constructed — Wards Island in Manhattan, and Bowery Bay and Tallman Island in Queens. These facilities were designed to reduce… read more
Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) conducted the following work in Lynn, Massachusetts. WPA Bulletin: In Lynn, construction of the first unit of a system of sewers to serve the district around the easterly shore of Breed’s Pond, has recently been approved… read more
The Works Progress Administration built storm sewers on Broadway Avenue in Clarksburg. The work consisted of “Construction of 24- and 18-Inch sewers.”