Cain Park – Cleveland Heights OH

“Besides constructing the amphitheater, workers from the Great Depression-era Works Progress Administration (WPA) also helped drain the ravine which Cain Park is situated in, covering up and culverting the creek that ran through its center. Attractive landscaping, tennis courts, ball… read more

Camp Edwards – Cape Cod MA

“Between 1935 and 1940, Massachusetts and the federal government, primarily using Works Project Administration funds, constructed 63 buildings (all but Buildings 102 and the old Williams Hospital have since been demolished) and two, 500-foot (150 m) wide turf runways at… read more

Cape May Naval Air Station (former) Development – Cape May NJ

The WPA conducted a large-scale reconstruction project at the Cape May Naval Air Station, located at the easternmost part of Cape May. A thorough history of the installation can be found at Abandoned & Little Known Airfields (airfields-freeman.com). There are… read more

Cathedral Gorge State Park Improvements – Lincoln County NV

“Lincoln County was not far behind Clark County sites in terms of federal funds spent on park developments. The county received approval for a fair share of state-operated recreational facilities that’s to the collective efforts of the county commission, the… read more

Citywide Infrastructure Improvements – Oakland ME

New Deal federal works programs completed widespread infrastructure improvement projects throughout Oakland, Maine. Michael J. Denis’s report “Some Tidbits of Oakland History” details the following: “Clyde G Blake, the new road commissioner, noted in 1934 that most roads were widened,… read more

Cleburne State Park – Cleburne TX

The park was built by CCC Co. 3804 who were at the park from the spring of 1935 to Aug 1940. According to “Parks for Texas,” CCC work includes the dam and lake, a limestone residence and maintenance area, entrance… read more

Crescenta Valley Flood Control – La Cañada Flintridge CA

“Geographically, the Crescenta Valley extends eastward from the Los Angeles City communities of Sunland and Tujunga through a portion of the City of Glendale and the County territories of La Crescenta and Montrose to the incorporated city of La Cañada Flintridge…… read more

DC Water and Sewer Authority Garage – Washington, DC

In 1938, the Public Works Administration (PWA) allotted $200,000 for the construction of a large garage for the garbage trucks of the District of Columbia’s Refuse Division. The garage was completed in September 1939.  It is a flat-roofed, single-story, brick Moderne… read more

Delaware Ordnance Depot (former) Development – Pedricktown NJ

The WPA conducted extensive work at former Delaware Ordnance Depot, located on the west side of Route 130 about halfway between Penns Grove and Pedricktown. Many buildings and much of the infrastructure from the time is still extant. WPA projects at the… read more

Denali National Park and Mount McKinley National Park Headquarters District – Healy AK

The CCC worked at what is now Denali National Park for two summers in 1938 and 1939. “The Mount McKinley National Park Headquarters District in what is now called Denali National Park was the original administrative center of the park…. read more