(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 91-105 of 16660 results

The Entrance of the Craighead Forest Park

Craighead Forest Park – Jonesboro AR

Date added: August 8, 2021

The history of Craighead Forest Park portraits a close collaboration between the local community and federal government during the Great Depression “to stave off the ravages of poverty, misery and human degradation.” (1) It dates to 1937 when the Young… read more

McLoughlin House – Oregon City OR

Date added: August 7, 2021

Restoration and preservation of the John McLoughlin House, dating from 1846, advanced in several ways during the New Deal era. The Civil Works Administration (CWA) funded local architects to document the house in 1934 as part of the first Historic… read more

Morse Bridge - Rumford Maine

Morse Bridge – Rumford ME

Date added: August 2, 2021

The Morse Bridge is a 285 foot steel through arch bridge over the Androscoggin River on ME 108 Bridge Street in Rumford. Although constructed by the city and state in 1935, a year later in March 1936, was moved off… read more

Commissary building picture

Dyess Colony Commissary – Dyess AR

Date added: August 2, 2021

The Dyess colony commissary or trading post or the Big Store was where the colonist got their household needs especially the daily consumables.

Mercer Playground Improvements – Seattle WA

Date added: August 1, 2021

The former Mercer Playground at 2nd Avenue North and Harrison Street in Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood was the site of several small WPA maintenance and improvement projects. In 1938, WPA workers painted the playground shelter house, as part of a… read more

Dyess Colony - plaque where the hospital was located

Dyess Colony Hospital – Dyess AK

Date added: August 1, 2021

The Dyess Colony Hospital served not only as a local medical care facility, but also a cost-effective alternative to the hospitals in the area. The cost of general medical services was about half of the state’s rate, and the price… read more

South Fork Ranger Station c 1940 - Mt Timpanogos UT

South Fork Ranger Station – Mount Timpanogos UT

Date added: July 31, 2021

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the South Fork Ranger Station on the Alpine Loop Road (Highway 92), near the intersection of Highway 144, in 1933-34. The CCC enrollees who did the work were from Company 940 stationed in Camp… read more

Entrance sign, Heber-Kamas Ranger Station - Heber City UT

Heber-Kamas Ranger Station (former) – Heber City UT

Date added: July 31, 2021

In 1936, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the original Kamas ranger station for the U.S. Forest Service, just south of Heber UT on Highway 40. (Baldridge, p. 123)  The work was done by enrollees stationed at CCC Camp F-43… read more

Mutual Dell amphitheater - Mt Timpanogos UT

Mutual Dell Amphitheater – Mount Timpanogos UT

Date added: July 31, 2021

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the amphitheater at Mutual Dell camp in 1936.  It is a modest sized outdoor theater with a concrete and stone stage and wooden plank seating for about 200 people. It was constructed by CCC… read more

Theater in the Pines at Aspen Grove - Mt Timpanogos UT

Theater in the Pines (Aspen Grove) – Mount Timpanogos UT

Date added: July 30, 2021

In 1934-36, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the beautiful amphitheater at Aspen Grove – today known as the Theater in the Pines.  The amphitheater has an elegant stone stage that includes back and side walls with entrances for actors… read more

Schools – Mobile AZ

Date added: July 26, 2021

Mobile, AZ was settled by African-Americans, but by the 1930s there was also a substantial white population. Town population was apparently only about 40, although there seems to have been about 100 homesteaders. The Works Progress Administration dealt with the… read more

Lincoln City Park, KS

Lincoln City Park – Lincoln KS

Date added: July 25, 2021

The National Youth Administration (NYA) built park facilities in Lincoln City Park in Lincoln KS. West of the entrance is a bandstand built by the NYA in 1938, and restrooms built by the NYA in 1937.