The Civilian Conservation Corps built park amenities and landscaped portions of the Leiter Estate in 1936-1937. A National Parks Service/Historic American Buildings Survey report describes the nature of the work performed by the CCC: “Upon acquiring the Leiter estate, the… read more
On 27 October 1937, the Radcliffe-King House was pulled down for the new College of Charleston Student Activities Building/Gymnasium building. The new building was funded by the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works, and was designed by Simons & Lapham, a… read more
The Works Progress Administration renovated several buildings at the National Training School for Girls in Washington DC, circa 1937. Today the school serves as the Nannie Helen Burroughs School.
The Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the extension of the White House West Wing. The structure housed the executive offices. Pictured is the PWA addition during and after construction, circa 1934.
Construction of the Woodward County Courthouse was completed in 1937 with support from the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (FEAPW), also known as the Public Works Administration (PWA). Additions to the original building have been made on the north… read more