- Mohall, ND
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Military and Public Safety, Courthouses (State & Local), Penal Facilities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- E. W. Molander
The historic Renville County Courthouse in Mohall, North Dakota was built starting in April 1936 and dedicated on June 25, 1937. Its construction was enabled by a $51,650 grant provided by the federal Public Works Administration (PWA). The Moderne building, which was also built as a jail, is still in service.
Construction is sometimes mis-attributed to the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
PWA Docket No. ND [W]1027.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 151.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 29, 2015.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site