- Tylertown, MS
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Post Offices
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
- Supervising Architect of Treasury
- Dye Mullins Inc.
Another Colonial Revival style post office built under the New Deal is the Tylertown post office. It was constructed in 1940, the last of the five post offices built between 1931-1940 by the Columbia & Hattiesburg firm of Dye & Mulling.
It contains a mural by Lucile Blanch, “Rural Mississippi–From Early Days to Present” that was completed in 1941.
Source notesMississippi Department of Archives and History (Retrieved fromhttps://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov).
Site originally submitted by Susan Allen on April 7, 2013.
At this Location:
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site