- Jackson, MO
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Auxiliary Civic Facilities, Post Offices
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
This classic New Deal post office was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1938. It is still standing, but now houses the Jackson Chamber of Commerce. The mural originally painted for this post office has been moved to the new post office which is located catty corner from this building, to the northeast.
Source notesPark and Markowitz, Democratic Vistas, Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal, 1984.
Site originally submitted by Charles Swaney on June 8, 2013.
At this Location:
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site