- Fairport, NY
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Post Offices
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
- Samuel Plato
- Site Survival:
- No Longer Extant
The historic post office building in Fairport, New York was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which was completed in 1938, housed a example of New Deal artwork inside. Living New Deal believes the facility to have been located at S. Main St. and Church St., and that the building has been demolished.
Source notesNational Archives: Record Group 121-BS: Records of the Public Buildings Service: Completion views of federal buildings (prints) alphabetically by state and thereunder by city, to 1966; Box 60.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 24, 2015.
At this Location:
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site