- Wellington, OH
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Schools
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- Harry A. Fulton
- Quality of Information:
- Site Survival:
“In 1938, 15 new classrooms and an auditorium/gymnasium were approved by the Board of Education. The proposed total cost was $194,402 with $85,612 (45%) coming from a Federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) grant listed under ‘P.W.A. – Docket-No. OH-1673 F’ and the remaining amount collected from a bond issue, which voters passed during a special election on August 6, 1938. The project formally started on July 22, 1938 and was completed September 5, 1939.” (Wikipedia)
The building is now called McCormick Middle School.
Source noteshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCormick_Middle_School https://www.wellington.lib.oh.us/WFAthumbnails.html
Site originally submitted by Larry Moore on July 7, 2015.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site