- Ypsilanti, MI
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Colleges and Universities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- R.S. Gerganoff
- Site Survival:
- No Longer Extant
Goodison Hall on the campus of Eastern Michigan University was constructed in 1939 during the Great Depression with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA supplied a $156,240 grant.
The residence hall, which had been constructed along with King Hall, was demolished in 1998. The site is presently occupied by Marshall Hall.
(PWA Docket No. NY [X]1552)
Source notesNational Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 62.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 28, 2014.
At this Location:
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site