- City:
- Medford, OR
- Site Type:
- Federal Facilities, Post Offices, Federal Courthouses
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
- Completed:
- 1940
- Marked:
- No
- Site Survival:
- Extant
Description
The historic Medford, Oregon post office and courthouse was originally constructed in 1916. A rear extension was added in 1940 utilizing Treasury Department funds. Treasury’s Procurement Division was responsible for all federal buildings at the time and Louis A. Simon was the supervising architect.
The extension was designed to match the original building, but it is clearly visible from the side wall joint, change in the bricks used and the plain roof line.
The building is still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. It was renamed the James A. Redden Federal Courthouse in 1996.
Source notes
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 24, 2025.
Site last updated on February 24, 2025.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.
Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site



Join the Conversation