- Donalds, SC
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Auxiliary Civic Facilities, Garages
- New Deal Agency:
- Works Progress Administration (WPA)
- Quality of Information:
- Very Good
Fieldstone structure built by the Works Progress Administration in 1935 for grange meetings. Also has been used as a city hall and library. Still in use as a grange hall.
According to Brian Scott (The Historical Marker Database) “Construction in 1935 by local Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor on land donated by W. Maxie Agnew, the building served originally as the home of the town hall, the grange, and the public library. Since its inception, the fieldstone building has been the meeting hall for the agricultural organization known locally and most commonly as the Donalds Grange.”
Site originally submitted by Barbara Pendleton on July 31, 2022.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site