- Hutchinson, KS
- Site Type:
- Auxiliary Civic Facilities, Civic Facilities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Civil Works Administration (CWA), Work Relief Programs
- Site Survival:
The Civil Works Administration (CWA) constructed a new/enlarged municipal garage just south of the Convention Hall (Memorial Hall), at the northwest corner of E Ave. B and S. Walnut St. in Hutchinson, Kansas.
The Hutchinson News: “The city is acquiring lots just south of Convention Hall facing on Avenue B with a 148 foot front. On the new site is a brick building on the alley across tho court from Convention hall which is now used by the city. The plan is to enlarge it, with an extension to the south of a storage garage to be used for city trucks and cars and other equipment.”
The current status of the building is presently unknown to Living New Deal.
"City Cars to Have New Home," The Hutchinson News, Hutchinson, Kansas, Jan. 5, 1934 (pg. 3): https://www.newspapers.com/image/7674897/
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 24, 2022.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site