- Lansing, MI
- Site Type:
- Art Works, Sculpture and Bas Relief, Sculptures
- New Deal Agencies:
- Arts Programs, Federal Arts Project (FAP)
- Clivia Calder Morrison
The Board of Water and Light Dye Conditioning Plant in Lansing, Michigan contains multiple examples of New Deal artwork, including a ceramic fountain in the building’s main lobby.
“The grand two-story lobby of the Board of Water and Light houses a ceramic fountain by Clivia Calder. This sculptural group shows two girls grooming themselves. The flanking stairs with streamlined metal railings are graceful interpretations of machines, also found elsewhere in the plant.”
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 20, 2017.
At this Location:
- Board of Water and Light Dye Conditioning Plant - Lansing MI
- Board of Water and Light Dye Conditioning Plant: Cashwan Relief - Lansing MI
- Board of Water and Light Dye Conditioning Plant: Cassara Mural - Lansing MI
- Board of Water and Light Dye Conditioning Plant: Pollock Mural - Lansing MI
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site