- New York City, Queens, Woodside, NY
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Public Housing
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
- C. N. Lowrie, Theodore H. Englehardt
Boulevard Gardens was founded in 1935 as part of the United States’ New Deal initiative. The development is presently a co-op development encompassing 12 acres, with ten buildings of six stories each — a total of 968 residences.
Operated under the New York City Housing Authority, the project was designed by architect Theodore H. Englehardt in concert with landscape architect C. N. Lowrie.
It was completed with a Federal loan of $3,450,000 from the Public Works Administration in Woodside, Queens.
Source noteshttps://www.boulevardgardensqns.com/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulevard_Gardens_Apartments
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 7, 2013.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site