- Manti, UT
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Military and Public Safety, Armories
- New Deal Agencies:
- Works Progress Administration (WPA), Work Relief Programs
- Niels P. Larsen
“During the 1930s, UTNG used federal money, often supplied through the Works Progress Administration (WPA), to build or expand a number of UTNG facilities. The WPA funded eight armories and several garage and storage areas for the UTNG. By 1940, 13 armories were in use by the Utah Guard including” that in Manti. The building is now privately owned.
Source noteswww.ut.ngb.army.mil/environ/Cultural_Resources/HSMT/HISTORY/Armory%20histories.doc https://npgallery.nps.gov/nrhp/GetAsset?assetID=736f95c0-fbdf-4c15-8876-54e01c4ca73c
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 24, 2016.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site