Stoddard Hall was constructed with federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. “The first Stoddard Hall was the original state dormitory at TWU and was completed in 1908. The current building was completed in 1936 and now is home to the College of Professional Education.”
"Building the New Deal: Federal Construction on College Campuses in 1930s Texas," by Kaitlyn Waynen https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21626/m1/1/ https://www.twu.edu/conference-services/reservations-and-information/campus-facilities/stoddard-hall-lobby/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 9, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE