Former Jackson, MO Post Office, now Chamber of Commerce
This classic New Deal post office was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1938. It is still standing, but now houses the Jackson Chamber of Commerce. The mural originally painted for this post office has been moved to the new post office which is located catty corner from this building, to the northeast.
Park and Markowitz, Democratic Vistas, Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal, 1984.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on June 8, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE