In 1942, the Washington Post reported the approval of $16,500 in funding for the Federal Works Agency (FWA) to build and/or make improvements to the Langston Recreation Center (now the Langston Playground) in Anacostia Park, next to the Langston Golf Course.
It is known if the present football field, basketball courts and other improvements at the site are left from the New Deal era.
“Lanham Act projects are approved,” Washington Post, October 15, 1942, p. B1
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on March 17, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE