- Site Type:
- Parks and Recreation, Playgrounds
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Federal Works Agency (FWA)
- Quality of Information:
- Site Survival:
- No Longer Extant
In 1942, the Washington Post reported the approval of $16,500 in funding for the Federal Works Agency (FWA) to build and/or make improvements to the Langston Recreation Center (now the Langston Playground) in Anacostia Park, next to the Langston Golf Course.
It is known if the present football field, basketball courts and other improvements at the site are left from the New Deal era.
“Lanham Act projects are approved,” Washington Post, October 15, 1942, p. B1
Site originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on March 17, 2015.
At this Location:
- Anacostia Park: Langston Golf Course - Washington DC
- Anacostia Park: Kenilworth Park & Aquatic Gardens - Washington DC
- Anacostia Park: Improvements - Washington DC
- Anacostia Park: Swimming Pool - Washington DC
- Anacostia Park: Pool and Recreation Center Building - Washington DC
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site