Project type: Education and Health, Colleges and Universities
Completed: 1936View Project in a Separate Window
Originally constructed as Hygeia Hall in 1936, what is now the Institutional Development building at T.W.U. was constructed with federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. The cost of construction was approximately $40,000. Hygeia Hall served as the “student health center and the infirmary. Students were generally admitted when their illness was deemed contagious enough that quarantine was needed.”
"Building the New Deal: Federal Construction on College Campuses in 1930s Texas," by Kaitlyn Waynen https://www.twu.edu/downloads/alumni/ALM066.TruePioneers.Newsletter.0812.pdf
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 9, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE