The former Paris Fish Hatchery, now a park.(Courtesy: Charles Swaney)
The Paris Fish Hatchery was the second Michigan fish hatchery. Opened in 1881, it supplied salmon and brown trout fingerlings to the state. It was expanded and renovated by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) in the mid-193o’s and operated until 1964. After closing, it was acquired by the Mecosta County Park Commission and reopened as a park in 1976.
On-site explanatory sign.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on June 21, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE