- Paris, MI
- Site Type:
- Hatcheries, Forestry and Agriculture
- New Deal Agencies:
- Works Progress Administration (WPA), Work Relief Programs
- Site Survival:
The Paris Fish Hatchery was the second Michigan fish hatchery. Opened in 1881, it supplied salmon and brown trout fingerlings to the state. It was expanded and renovated by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) in the mid-193o’s and operated until 1964. After closing, it was acquired by the Mecosta County Park Commission and reopened as a park in 1976.
Source notesOn-site explanatory sign.
Site originally submitted by Charles Swaney on June 21, 2017.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site