Boulevard Gardens Sunnyside Apartments
Boulevard Gardens was founded in 1935 as part of the United States’ New Deal initiative. The development is presently a co-op development encompassing 12 acres, with ten buildings of six stories each — a total of 968 residences.
Operated under the New York City Housing Authority, the project was designed by architect Theodore H. Englehardt in concert with landscape architect C. N. Lowrie.
It was completed with a Federal loan of $3,450,000 from the Public Works Administration in Woodside, Queens.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 7, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE