Administrative & Support Buildings – Death Valley National Park CA

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was present in Death Valley National Monument  from 1933 to 1942. CCC ‘boys’ built erected a total of 76 buildings in the monument, including administrative, residential, maintenance & visitor facilities.   The main CCC camp was… read more

Al Hayne Monument Restoration – Fort Worth TX

The monument itself dates from 1893 but the original marble bust was replaced in 1934 by a bronze one sculpted by Evaline Sellors as a PWAP project. The curbing (reflecting pool) around the Al Hayne Monument is a CWA project:… read more

Alabama Polytechnic Institute (Auburn University) Outdoor Amphitheater – Auburn AL

The Works Progress Administration (WPA) built an Outdoor Amphitheater for the Alabama Polytechnic Institute (Auburn University). The amphitheater was built for the Agricultural Training camp. Granite cobblestones retrieved after the WPA paved the streets of Montgomery were used for the… read more

Alamo Grounds Improvements – San Antonio TX

Multiple New Deal agencies were involved with improving the grounds at the Alamo. A timeline mural board on the west side of the Alamo Museum indicates that “depression-era public works projects” built the walls that now encompass the grounds of… read more