The Works Progress Administration built a road leading to the annex facilities at the National Training School for Boys in Washington DC, circa 1937.
The Works Progress Administration spent $995 on renovations to the former Madison County Agricultural High School and employed 14 workers on the project. The school complex was located between Camden Road and McCarty Road, just East of Mississippi Highway 17.
Built in 1912, the two-story, native stone Clairette School building survives as a community center and polling place. In 1939, Works Progress Administration (WPA) built a separate gymnasium building and a star shaped fountain in front of the 1912 building. The… read more
The Works Progress Administration built a National Guard Squadron facility at the Municipal Airport in Birmingham, in 1936.
The Works Progress Administration built a farm-to-market road connecting Croston with New Castle, in the vicinity of Birmingham. The road was “farm-to-market type with stone bridge, no cars.”