In the early 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) made improvements to an experimental fire station established by the U.S. Forest Service in the Shasta National Forest, at Pilgrim Creek just east of McCloud Ranger Station. Pilgrim Creek had long… read more
In 1937, the Texas Highway Department and the United States Bureau of Public Roads built two underpasses on South St. Mary’s Street in San Antonio, Texas to separate the grade of South St. Mary’s Street from the railway lines of… read more
The Federal Administration of Public Works (a.k.a. Public Works Administration) provided funds to build the former Sharp School building about a dozen miles north of Thorndale, Texas, in 1939. As of 2018, the west end of the building appears intact, but… read more
The Works Progress Administration built a road leading to the annex facilities at the National Training School for Boys in Washington DC, circa 1937.
The Works Progress Administration spent $995 on renovations to the former Madison County Agricultural High School and employed 14 workers on the project. The school complex was located between Camden Road and McCarty Road, just East of Mississippi Highway 17.