The Works Progress Administration built a school gymnasium in Wortham, Freestone County. The structure has a reinforced concrete foundation, rock walls, concrete beams, built-up roof, and steel trusses. The interior floor finish is wood floor on concrete sub-floor. The official… read more
The Works Progress Administration built sidewalks on E Magnolia St. in Angleton. This researcher found a mark in a section of sidewalk at Magnolia and Chenango streets, one block from the Brazoria County Courthouse. A 1940 Galveston Newspaper article tells of… read more
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) remodeled the Grimes County Courthouse in Anderson, Texas, in 1940. WPA crews installed a tile roof, cleaned and painted the building facade, installed tile floors, built outside stairs, plastered the interior walls, and landscaped the grounds.