(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 31-45 of 256 results

On the Site of the former CCC Camp Four Mile

CCC Camp Four Mile (former) – Bandon OR

Date added: June 3, 2022

CCC Camp Four Mile, also known as the CCC Bandon Side Camp, served as a base for Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) workers from its founding in spring 1937 through 1941. Today the site is occupied by a Coos Forest Protective… read more

Cape Arago Viewpoint

Cape Arago State Park – Coos Bay OR

Date added: June 1, 2022

Land for Cape Arago State Park was donated to Oregon State Parks in 1932 but lay undeveloped until Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) enrollees began improvements in 1934. Over a two-year period, they completed a considerable amount of work.  As noted… read more

Picnic shelter #1, Honeyman State Park - Florence OR

Honeyman State Park: Cleawox Picnic Area – Florence OR

Date added: May 30, 2022

From 1936 to 1941, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) developed Honeyman State Park, just south of Florence, Oregon, under the supervision of the National Park Service (NPS).  The parkland had been purchased by the state from 1930 to 1936. Honeyman… read more

Alderwood State Wayside

Alderwood State Wayside – Eugene OR

Date added: May 28, 2022

Several years after the State purchased land from Lane County, Civilian Conservation Corps enrollees improved the Alderwood State Wayside. The work was conducted in 1935. As noted in the Oregon State Park’s 1965 publication: “The facilities at Alderwood are not… read more

Yaquina Bay Bridge from Yaquina Bay State Recreation Site - Newport OR

Yaquina Bay Bridge – Newport OR

Date added: May 28, 2022

The bridge at the mouth of the Yaquina River at Newport OR was constructed with funding from the Public Works Administration (PWA) in 1934-36.  It was one of five PWA-funded bridges over the Alsea River, Coos Bay, Siuslaw River, Umpqua… read more

Siuslaw River bridge from southeast - Florence OR

Siuslaw River Bridge – Florence OR

Date added: May 28, 2022

The bridge over the Siuslaw River at Florence OR was constructed with funding from the Public Works Administration (PWA) in 1934-36.  It was one of five PWA-funded bridges over Alsea Bay, Coos Bay, Siuslaw River, Umpqua River, and  Yaquina River… read more

New Alsea Bay Bridge - Waldport OR

Alsea Bay Bridge (replaced) – Waldport OR

Date added: May 28, 2022

The bridge over Alsea Bay (mouth of the Alsea River) in Oregon was constructed with funding from the Public Works Administration (PWA) in 1934-36.  It was one of five PWA-funded bridges over Alsea Bay, Coos Bay, Siuslaw River, Umpqua River,… read more

Franklin High School Athletic Field – Portland OR

Date added: May 16, 2022

In 1939 the Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed an athletic field at Portland’s Franklin High School as part of a larger commitment ($468,459) to the improvement of Portland public school properties.

Devil's Punchbowl - Otter Rock OR

Devil’s Punchbowl State Natural Area – Otter Rock OR

Date added: May 5, 2022

In the 1934, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) developed the Devil’s Punchbowl day-use area for public use.  The improvements included picnic tables, fireplaces, restroom, drinking fountain, water supply, a foot trail and steps to the beach. The majority of these… read more

Rocky Creek State Scenic Viewpoint with picnic area

Rocky Creek State Scenic Viewpoint – Depot Bay OR

Date added: May 5, 2022

Civilian Conservation Corps members provided the original improvements for this ocean-front park between 1934 and 1936. The improvements involved an access road, landscaping to protect the view, and a picnic area. Located approximately two miles south of Depot Bay OR,… read more

Cape Lookout State Park beach and picnic area

Cape Lookout State Park – Tillamook OR

Date added: May 3, 2022

Acquired for state park use in 1935, the State Park plans for this beautiful stretch of coastline in Tillamook County initially focused on its use as an undeveloped, natural preserve. Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) enrollees built the first major improvement,… read more