Cleburne TX Stadium
Text on Historical Marker at Yellow jacket Stadium:
“In 1939, work began to replace Rhome Field, where
Cleburne high played home football games for twenty years.
The works projects administration (WPA) provided most
of the funding for the new $80,000 stadium built from
concrete and rough cut Somervell county limestone.
It opened in fall 1941, with ivy-covered stands, pilasters,
seating for 3800, ticket windows, and dressing rooms.
The stadium has hosted football games, other sports,
and community events.”
Dallas Morning News, Feb. 4, 1940
Project originally submitted by Susan Kline and Tony Blalock on March 3, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE