World War Memorial Front
The World War Memorial Building was constructed with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. Construction largely occurred during 1935 though the building was completed in 1936.
The PWA provided a grant of $33,086 for the building’s construction, which was completed at a cost of $120,240.
(PWA Docket No. SC 5732)
https://www.nationalregister.sc.gov/richland/S10817740106/S10817740106.pdf (page 9) National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 111.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 12, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE