Tyronza Water TowersThe historic 1935 is located on the right, while the 2003 tower is on the left.
“The Tyronza Water Tower is a historic elevated steel water tower located in Tyronza, Arkansas. It was built in 1935 by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Company in conjunction with the Public Works Administration as part of a project to improve the local water supply. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2007, as part of a multiple-property listing that included numerous other New Deal-era projects throughout Arkansas. The Tyronza Water Tower is considered an excellent representation of 1930s-era waterworks construction.
In 2003, a new, 200,000-gallon steel water tower was built next to the 1935 tower, in conjunction with other water system improvements in the area. The old tower is still in use, however.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 16, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE