Washburn Ranger StationArchive Photo. Used with permission of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
” This two-story astylistic utilitarian ranger station features a rectangular shaped plan configuration, a concrete foundation, a rock-faced concrete block exterior, a wood trim, and an asphalt shingled multi-gabled roof…The station is in excellent condition. The Washburn Ranger Station has functioned since its 1936 date of construction as an office, a place for equipment storage, and living quarters for the ranger. The station was built during the W.P.A. program.”
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on November 28, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE