Vine Hill Community Building
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) built the Vine Hill School and Community Building (also known as Horney Buck School) in 1939 in Cape Fair. The building served as a school during the week, as a community center on Saturdays, and as an interdenominational church on Sunday. The structure bears a painted sign above the door that reads “Vine Hill Community Building, 1939 [Horney Buck] WPA.” Above the stone header, a stone plaque reads, “School District No. 30.” Behind the main structure there are two outhouses. The stone construction resembles the school building, which suggests that it was also built by the WPA.
Vine Hill School and Church, Waymarking: (http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMMZBP), accessed March 8, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Douglass Halvorsen on March 16, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE