Port Chester Village Hall
Port Chester, New York’s Village Hall was constructed with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds during the Great Depression. The PWA provided a $58,725 grant for the project, whose total cost was $121,763. Construction occurred between Sept. 1938 and Oct. 1939.
PWA Docket No. NY W1601.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 27.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 7, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE