San Fernando Rd. bridge over the verdugo wash
The Verdugo Wash Bridge is the first significant bridge on US 99 north of downtown Los Angeles. It is a steel girder structure built in 1939 by the US Army Corp of Engineers. The Verdugo Wash was lined with concrete at that time and the bridge was built to accommodate the new channel.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on September 16, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE