"History of Medicine in California"
A ten panel fresco depicting the “History of Medicine in California” was completed by Bernard Zakheim in 1936 with FAP funds. The mural is located in Toland Hall.
Zakheim also painted another pair of murals in 1935 for Cole Hall: “Rational Medicine” and “Superstitious Medicine.” These frescoes of ground earth pigment on incised plaster were relocated toin 1967. The program behind these murals is unknown to the Living New Deal.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE