An online history of Monson reports about the former town hall: “Destroyed in the fire of December 28, 1888. Rebuilt. The annex built in the 1930’s by W.P.A. men. The GAR turned the building over to the Town of Monson in the early 1940’s. When the town owned it they housed the Town Office, Fire Dept. and Public Library on the first floor. Second floor was used for many activities. In 1972, the town deeded it to the Tisbury Manor Chapter D.A.R. and it presently houses Monson’s Historical Museum.” (www.monsonmaine.org)
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on April 19, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE