Henderson Hall 2016Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Texas_AM_UniversityCommerce_March_2016_073_(Henderson_Hall).jpg, March 26, 2016, Copyright: CC BY-SA 4.0
Thanks to a Federal grant from the Public Works Administration of $108,000 awarded in 1938, East Texas State Teachers College (now Texas A&M University–Commerce) was able to build the East Dormitory for Girls (now Henderson Hall).
Henderson Hall is now houses the School of Social Work, the Department of Psychology, Counseling, and Special Education, student health services and the university police.
Reynolds, Donald E. "Professor Mayo's College: A History of East Texas State University". pp76-77.
(http://dmc.tamuc.edu/digital/collection/historic-et/id/3549), accessed June 10, 2018.
T A&M University: (http://100.tamuc.edu/hello-world-2-2/), accessed June 10, 2018.
Pages from Commerce's Past:
(http://www.theeasttexan.com/news/view.php/579430/Pages-from-Commerces-Past), accessed June 10, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on June 9, 2018.