Federal funding (almost certainly from the Public Works Administration (PWA)) allowed for the grading and paving of Moss Avenue in Oakland in 1934.
Most of Moss Avenue was later incorporated into MacArthur Boulevard, which provided upgraded access to the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, completed in 1936.
California Highway and Public Works, October 1934
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on August 4, 2014.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE