Among other work at Simonds Park, in Burlington, Mass., the F.E.R.A contributed to the construction of tennis courts in 1934. The foundation of the tennis courts was broken stone, acquired from the “blasting and moving of a great quantity of ledge” while expanding the park’s ball field. The W.P.A. continued work at the site.
Annual Report of the Town Officers of Burlington, Massachusetts for the Year Ending December 31, 1934 (pg. 101).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 21, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE